Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shows


In the last 3 days I've seen Cave In, Baroness, Earthless, Narrows, Tim Hecker, Aidan Baker, US Christmas and Trap Them. 3 pretty solid shows. I'm very happy I saw Narrows because I thought the album was decent but they absolutely killed it live. The highlights were definitely Cave In and without a doubt, Earthless, who I thought played one of the best sets I've seen this year.

And I'm seeing Phish on Wednesday (1st timer), and the week after Do Make Say Think is playing the church sanctuary on Monday; Pelican/Black Cobra/Disappearer on Tuesday, and Russian Circles/Young Widows on Friday. Pumped.

Anyway, here is the new Mercury Program album which I didn't even know was coming out and it's really really good.

Rock on.

7 comments:

Todd said...

Narrows and Cave in were good. Cave in wasn't as good as other times, still fun. Kung Fu Necktie was different. You could get a little tranced with that stuff.....but tomorrow the tour contines, two nights phish. First night with my mom (a first timer), and Jon second night (also a first timer) we will have a good time. Rock On Son!

Jon said...

the setlist for cave in could have been a little better but i lost it during moral eclipse and juggernaut.

it rules that your mom is going.

Dwight Chapel said...

Where the fuck do you live???

Jon said...

all of those shows, except tim hecker, were at the first unitarian church in philadelphia.

Todd said...

"Where the fuck do you live"

Awesomeville, which is right next to kickassburg.

Jon said...

"But check your lease, man, because you're living in FUCK CITY!"

Jon said...

"I'm an ideas man, Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain."